Statement by the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia and the President of the Russian Federation
We, the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan I.H. Aliyev, the Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia N.V. Pashinyan and the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin declare the following:
1. On November 10, 2020, from 00.00 Moscow time, a complete ceasefire and all military operations in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict zone will be announced. From now on, the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Republic of Armenia, which will be called the Parties, will remain in their current positions.
2. Until November 20, 2020, Aghdam region is returned to the Republic of Azerbaijan.
3. A peacekeeping contingent consisting of 1,960 firefighters, 90 armored vehicles, 380 vehicles and special equipment of the Russian Federation is stationed in Nagorno-Karabakh along the line of contact and the Lachin corridor.
4. The peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is deployed in parallel with the withdrawal of the Armenian armed forces. The period of stay of the peacekeeping contingent of the Russian Federation is 5 years, and 6 months prior to the expiration of the period, the period shall be automatically extended for another 5 years unless either Party expresses its intention to terminate this provision.
5. A peacekeeping center for ceasefire control shall be established in order to increase the effectiveness of monitoring the compliance of the conflicting parties with the agreements.
6. The Republic of Armenia shall return the Kalbajar region to the Republic of Azerbaijan by November 15, 2020, and the Lachin region by December 1, 2020. The Lachin corridor (5 km wide), which will provide a link between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia and will not touch the city of Shusha, remains under the control of the Russian peacekeeping contingent.
According to the agreement, a plan for the construction of a new route on the Lachin corridor, which will provide communication between Nagorno-Karabakh and Armenia for the next three years, will be determined, and thus the future relocation of the Russian peacekeeping contingent to protect this route.
The Republic of Azerbaijan guarantees safety for the movement of citizens, vehicles and cargo in both directions along the Lachin corridor.
7. Internally displaced persons and refugees shall return to the territory of Nagorno-Karabakh and surrounding areas under the supervision of the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.
8. The exchange of prisoners of war, hostages and other detainees, as well as bodies, shall be carried out.
9. All economic and transport links in the region are being restored. The Republic of Armenia guarantees the security of transport links between the western regions of the Republic of Azerbaijan and the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic in order to organize the unimpeded movement of citizens, vehicles and cargo in both directions. Transport control is exercised by the Border Service of the Federal Security Service of Russia.
Under agreement of the parties, the construction of new transport communications connecting the Nakhchivan Autonomous Republic and the western regions of Azerbaijan will be provided.
November 10, 2020.
President of the Republic of Azerbaijan
Prime Minister of the Republic of Armenia
President of the Russian Federation