Main Scientific Directions
The main directions of scientific researches of the Institute of Zoology:
- The study of the animal kingdom of Azerbaijan;
- The investigation of the current situation of various groups of the animal kingdom;
- Defining the role of animals in various biosenozes;
- Preparation of biological bases of the cancellation of parasitic and natural focal diseases;
- The study of biodiversity of pathogens of parasitic diseases, intraspecific changes and ecological features;
- The study of interactions of pathogens of parasitic diseases in the host-parasite system;
- The study of dynamics of insects’ numbers and their spreading regularities;
- Preparation of scientific and practical bases of biological protection of agricultural crops, regulation of the number of pests in biological methods;
- The study of hydro-fauna of water basins of Azerbaijan;
- The study of biodiversity and ecological peculiarities of invertebrate animals living in water and soil biotopes;
- Preparation of scientific bases of regulation of biological productivity in the Caspian Sea and Kur River.
- Use of beneficial forms of them throughout defining of biology and ecology of vertebrate animals, preparation of scientific bases of the fight against harmful forms;
- Increasing of endangered and rare species of fish in the conditions of aquaculture;
- Use of methods of molecular biological research and space research, information technologies in the study of the animal kingdom of Azerbaijan.