The next meeting of the Scientific Council has been held
The next meeting of the Scientific Council of the Institute of Zoology, ANAS has been held. The members of the Council have acquainted with issues on the agenda by the Director of the Institute Elman Yusifov. Deputy Director of the Institute of Zoology, Zakariyya Mammadov has suggested his views on structural changes. He has suggested the consolidation of the following laboratories. The proposals were approved unanimously by the members of the Council.
1. Scientific and experimental laboratories of Hydrobiology, Ichthyology and Mingachevir were consolidated in the laboratory of "MarineAnimals";
2. Laboratory of Helminthology and Laboratory for parasites of aquatic animals were consolidated in the Laboratory of Parasitology;
3. Laboratory of Theriology, Laboratory of Ornithology and Laboratory of Herpetology were consolidated in the Laboratory of “Vertebrate animals”;
4. Laboratory of Protistology and Laboratory of Biochemical Aspects of host-parasite relationships were consolidated in the laboratory of “Protozoology”;
5. Laboratory of Insect Physiology and Ecology and Laboratory of the introduction of beneficial insects and the scientific basis of biological control were consolidated in the laboratory of “Applied Entomology”;
7. Insect fauna and systematics;
8. Stronghold practice point of Agsu;
The other issues were also discussed at the Scientific Council.